Saturday, May 14, 2011

Little bitty clothes for little bitty children

My original plan, before the idea for bibs for my sister, was to embellish clothes for the new baby. I finally had some time to make that happen.
Here I used Lela's old t-shirt, made a patch, and attached it to a $2.00 tank top I found at Ross. This is for Reese. She loves tie dye. Whose little fluffy tail!?!??!
Rico's always all up in tha mix when I'm sewing.

I hand drew little creatures for onesies for my nephew. This little bird is made from the same material as my cafe curtains, my carpet bag, and so many other things.
After digging for a good part of a half hour, I found a 3 pack of white onesies at Ross for $5.00. Score.




I've never made anything quite like these (except the bibs). Making this owl patch was waaaay easier than I thought it would be. I used a patch from the same old pants material used for Lela's stocking, the vintage cafe curtain (originally a skirt) material, and vintage buttons.



I hand sewed the little mouth. They are definitely DIY looking, but oh how sweet they are. Sweet like my brand new nephew. Love you, Franklin!

No comments:

Post a Comment